Many citizens participate in their City government by serving on various boards, committees, commissions, and trust authorities. Committee Overview.
Appointments are made by the City Council. Vacancies are announced and interested citizens are encouraged to apply for an appointment consideration. Applications for appointment to these committees may be obtained from the City Manager's Office located at 401 S. Johnstone; by calling 338-4282; by filling out an online application, or clicking here to download an application. Applications are kept on file for two years.
Members are needed on the following boards:
- Ambulance Commission (two openings)
- Construction and Fire Code Appeals Board (one opening)
- Hazard Mitigation Planning Committee (Ward 4 Rep.)
- Sanitary Sewer Improvement Oversight Committee (Four openings)
- Stadium Operating Committee (one opening)
Current List of Boards and Committees