Do I have to wear a mask when I’m shopping?
The council opted to leave the decision of whether to wear a mask or not up to businesses and individuals; however, wearing a mask or face covering is strongly recommended by the CDC and health professionals.
Where can I pay my utility bill and court fines?
Utility bills and court fines can be paid in-person at City Hall, 401 S. Johnstone Ave., and at the following locations:
- Online, at www.cityofbartlesville.org
- By mail: City Hall, 401 S. Johnstone Ave., Bartlesville OK 74003
- Drop boxes, which are located in the parking lot directly south of City Hall, inside the City Hall first floor lobby and the west end of the Bartlesville Community Center parking lot
I’m supposed to go to Municipal Court next week. Can I still do that?
Yes, Municipal Court resumed May 18. Court attendees are asked to use the west entrance of the City Hall building and to remain six feet apart while waiting to enter. Courtroom seating has been placed six feet apart to help ensure social distancing.
I’m unable to work right now and can’t pay my City utility bill. What can I do?
The City of Bartlesville discontinued cut-offs in March but will resume disconnecting utility service for non-payment beginning July 1, For more information, see Utility Disconnections resume. To inquire about payment arrangements, contact the Utility Billing Department at email@example.com or call 918.338.4224.
Are local police still making arrests and writing citations?
Yes, they are. Bartlesville police are working 24/7 as always.
If I need a police officer, are they available?
Yes, they are. If you have an emergency, call 911. For non-emergencies, call 918.338.4001.
Is the recycling center open?
The City’s drop-off recycling center, located on 10th Street just east of Virginia Avenue, is open.
Can my child still have their birthday party at the park?
Yes. Parks have remained open during this time and park facilities — restrooms and playgrounds — reopened in early June. Restrooms are disinfected daily; however, playground are not disinfected due to lack of available City staff.
Is Adams Golf Course open?
Will the pools open for the summer soon?
Frontier Pool, at Frank Phillips and Virginia Avenue, opened for the season on June 6. Sooner Pool, at Madison and Tuxedo, will be opened only if Richard Kane YMCA staffing requirements are met. Please contact the Richard Kane YMCA for pool information.
Is CityRide operating currently?
CityRide, the City of Bartlesville’s public transit service, is available for essential transportation needs such as medical care, employment, accessing meals and grocery shopping. Additionally, CityRide is assisting the local senior center by delivering meals daily. Vehicles are being disinfected throughout the day and social distancing is being implemented. For more information, see www.cityofbartlesville.org or call 918.336.2233.
I’ve heard I can’t leave the house without a mask. Is that true?
No. As per CDC guidelines, it is strongly recommended that all customers wear a cloth or procedure mask at all times while while waiting in line to enter a retails facility or while inside a retail facility.
How can we help to contain the virus and prevent community spread?
- Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds several times a day, including between your fingers and underneath your nails
- Hand sanitizers should be used only when hand washing is not available and should be at least 60 percent alcohol to be effective
- Stay home when you are sick
- Avoid handshaking, high-fives and hugging
- Avoid touching your face – especially your eyes, nose, and mouth
- Wear a face mask when in public
- Cover your coughs and sneezes with a tissue then put the tissue in the trash, or use the crook of your elbow if a tissue isn’t available
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household disinfectant cleaning spray or wipe
- Avoid travel to areas that have been designated high-risk areas because of multiple verified cases of Covid-19
When in doubt, who can I call?
For information about Covid-19 see the Oklahoma State Department of Health website or call the OSDH Coronavirus Hotline at 877-215-8836. For information about the State’s restrictions and guidelines, see Gov. Kevin Stitt’s Open Up and Recover Safely plan or the Oklahoma Department of Commerce’s Covid-19 Resources.
How to I report Covid-19-related scams?
For information about Covid-19-related scams, see the following links: