The City of Bartlesville’s free yard debris collection is set for the week of May 3-7. Residents may place their leaves, grass, lawn clippings and other yard debris at the curb in bags on their normal trash collection day during that week, for collection by Solid Waste Department crews.
What you need to know:
- Collection is for leaves, grass and lawn clippings as well as limbs and branches, if cut in lengths no longer than four feet and bundled.
- Yard debris bags will not require yard waste stickers
- Clear or colored bags will be allowed
- Collection is for private residences only; no commercial collections will be made
- There is no limit on the number of bags a resident can put out for the collection
- Yard debris will only be collected once, on your normal collection day of the week
- Extra bags or items of household refuse outside the cart must have the Red Refuse sticker attached
- Residents should comply with all other standard refuse regulations.
Yard refuse will be collected separately from trash, “so don’t be alarmed if you see a truck pick up your trash but not your leaves,” said Public Works Director Keith Henry. “They’ll come back for those.”
For more information, contact the Solid Waste Department at 918.338.4130.