The City of Bartlesville Citizens Academy is a free interactive program designed to familiarize the general public with roles, services and operations that comprise Bartlesville City Government. The program will focus on educating residents, business owners and interested persons of Bartlesville on how daily city government operations contribute to building a better community.
STANDARDS FOR ADMISSION
- Applicants must make a commitment to attend all sessions. Applicants will receive one to two emergency absences. Applicants must agree to the terms and conditions of the program.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years old and must be able to provide their own transportation.
- Applicants must either be a resident of Bartlesville, Oklahoma, a business owner in Bartlesville, or employed full-time in Bartlesville.
- The primary form of communication from City officials to class participants will be via email.
- The Citizens Academy is a learning and informational program. Acceptable conduct and attire standards will be maintained by participants to assure each session is a positive experience.
- Meet with City Council members, department leaders and staff.
- Learn how decisions are made, how city funds are allocated and how departments operate.
- Enjoy comprehensive overviews of departments, programs and services.
- Discover the current status and future plans for Bartlesville’s development, services, operations and other topics.
- Participate in lively discussions and other fun interactive activities.
- Tour and view city facilities, receive T-shirt and educational materials.
- Learn how to best navigate official City of Bartlesville communication avenues.
- Become an informed and involved citizen.
- Applications will be accepted through 3/1/2024. The academy is capped at 20 participants.
- The City of Bartlesville Citizens Academy is a bi-weekly course that runs from April 11 through June 20. It will culminate with a graduation ceremony during the July 1 City Council meeting. The program will occur on Thursday afternoons, starting on April 11. Upon being accepted into the program, participants will be contacted and given a detailed schedule. Program courses will take place at various facilities and participants should refer to the course schedule or contact the class facilitator with any questions. Participants will be responsible for transportation to and from each course.
Applications may be filled out and submitted below.
Citizen's Academy Application