Frontier and Sooner Swimming Pools
2020 season: Sooner Pool, located at 420 S.E. Madison Blvd. in Bartlesville, and Frontier Pool, located at 312 SW Virginia Ave., are both CLOSED for the summer season.
The Sooner Park Splash Pad is open from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Frontier and Sooner swimming pools are managed by the Richard Kane YMCA. For specific information regarding pool hours, costs, etc., see 2020 Swimming Pool Hours & Fees, or contact the Richard Kane YMCA at 918-336-0713.
Other contact information
Frontier Pool, 312 SW Virginia Ave., 918-338-4198*
Sooner Pool, 420 SE Madison Blvd., 918-338-4197*
These numbers are active only during pool hours. Call the YMCA at 918-336-0713 for assistance after hours.
Both Frontier and Sooner Pools are available to rent for a private pool party. Private parties are scheduled on a reservation basis.
At Frontier Pool, private pool parties are held from 6:30-8:30 p.m. Monday through Saturday, as well as 9:45-11:45 a.m. Saturdays. Cost is $300 for a maximum of 150 persons. For a group greater than 150, the cost is $350 due to staffing requirements. An air-conditioned room is also available for $35 for a two-hour block (up to 10 people) during regular pool hours.
At Sooner Pool, private pool parties can be scheduled from 6:30-8:30 p.m. Saturday or Sunday, or from 9-11 p.m. Friday and Saturday. Cost is $200 for up to 150 people, or $250 for more than 150 people. Sooner Pool also offers a rock climbing wall, and a lap swim from noon to 1 p.m. Monday through Friday.
We also have an outdoor pavilion at each pool which is available to rent for pool parties during regular pool hours as follows:
- Poolside Party Pavilion: $50 at Frontier Pool, or $35 at Sooner Pool: Capacity 25. Rented in 2 hours blocks between the hours of noon to 6 p.m.
If you are interested in reserving either Sooner or Frontier Pool for a pool party, please contact the YMCA at 918-336-0713. For more information, see 2020 Pool Rental.
1. Children under the age of 12 must be accompanied by an adult that is at least 18 years old. Pool staff will report all cases of unaccompanied children to the Bartlesville Police Department and to the Washington County Department of Human Services immediately upon discovery.
2. All children under the age of 4 MUST wear a swim diaper.
3. Flotation devices approved by the United States Coast Guard are allowed in the pool at any time without supervision. Personal flotation devices which are not approved by the U.S. Coast Guard, to include inflatable flotation devices and water wings, for any person are not allowed, except in the event the swimmer is within arm’s reach of an adult guardian at all times and the swimmer remains in the shallow end of the pool (four feet or less in depth).
4. Flotation rings outfitted for infant use (age 6 to 18 months) are permitted in the zero depth entry area of Frontier Pool only within arm’s reach of an adult guardian.
5. Frontier and Sooner Pools operate under a NO TOLERANCE POLICY for foul language, profanity, fighting and bullying. Pool users who disobey this policy will be asked to leave immediately.
6. No alcohol, weapons or drugs are allowed. Patrons exhibiting any behavior associated with alcohol or drugs will be asked to leave immediately.