CityRide provides an affordable option for many individuals and families who do not have their own means of transportation. CityRide provides curb to curb service on a demand-response basis at the lowest possible one-way fare. All rides are open to the public and subject to availability on a first call basis.
- For an interactive map of streets and other features of Bartlesville go to GIS City Maps.
Because demand often exceeds our ability to serve everyone, rides are provided on a first-come, first-served basis. So if you know you will need a ride to get to a doctor appointment, work, school or just to go shopping, please phone ahead and schedule your ride. Where possible, all trips should be scheduled at least 24 hours in advance.
Inform the dispatcher if you travel with a mobility device, service animal or escort. Passengers in need of a personal care assistant may travel with the assistant at no additional cost.
Hours & Fares
Hours of operation:
- Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Limited Saturday service
Schedule rides between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m., Monday through Friday, by calling 918-336-2233 as early as possible. Calling at least 24 hours ahead of your desired ride is recommended.
- $3 (youth under age 12 ride free with an adult or guardian)
- CDIB card holders can qualify for reduced fare under a contract with the Cherokee Nation. Riders showing the driver their CDIB card can ride for 50 cents each trip within the city limits.
- Ask about group rates.
- Other destinations outside the city limits will be considered.
Cimarron Transit will review and make reasonable modifications/accommodates to policies, practices and procedures when such modifications are necessary to avoid discrimination on the basis of disability or to provide program accessibility to their services, on a case-by-case basis, subject to limitations and exceptions. Requests can be made at the time a trip is scheduled by communicating with the dispatcher or in writing.
Call 918-336-2233 to arrange a ride.
CityRide is closed on the following holidays:
- New Year’s Day
- Dr. Martin Luther King Day
- President’s Day
- Good Friday
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Columbus Day
- Veterans’ Day
- Thanksgiving Day and the next day
- Christmas Day
RULES TO RIDE BY
To ensure that all customers have a safe and enjoyable ride, the driver will enforce the rules outlined below. Failure to abide by the rules will result in the removal or expulsion from CityRide.
- Riders can board with what they can carry on the vehicle and securely place at their feet or below the seat not interfering with other passengers. Drivers are not responsible for loading/unloading and carrying groceries/packages to the door. If a passenger is unable to load or unload packages, the passenger must be accompanied by a companion to assist, at no additional charge.
- No fighting, throwing of any objects, pushing, rough or loud behavior or vulgar language.
- All passengers are expected to buckle up.
- Drivers are NOT permitted to enter any home, so please don’t ask them.
- Drivers are not permitted to pull into private drives. Locations for pick up and drop off must be accessible to CityRide vehicles. CityRide vehicles must be able to enter and exit the site without backing.
- Drivers are not to wait longer than five (5) minutes for any passenger. Once a driver moves on from the location (after waiting five minutes), the trip is considered complete. The rider can call to reschedule a ride at the next opening, however, no priority will be given and the rider is expected to pay for the missed trip.
- All passengers must exercise personal hygiene.
- All passengers must wear shoes and shirts.
- Passengers must have correct change; drivers are not required to give change. Ten-ride passes are readily available. If a stop is made for a rider to obtain change, the rider will be charged for the stop.
- No non-prescription drugs, alcohol, firearms of fireworks, or weapons are permitted on CityRide vehicles.
- No hazardous chemicals, materials, or batteries of any kind are permitted on board.
- No eating or smoking. Drinks may be allowed with lids only.
- Passengers using mobility devices may travel with a personal care assistant at no additional cost.
- Riders are expected to cancel a ride, if the ride is no longer needed. Rides should be cancelled at least 30 minutes prior to driver arrival, either per phone call or leaving a message. Cancellation when the driver arrives is not acceptable practice. If a rider does not cancel a ride in advance, the ride must be paid for the next time the rider boards a CityRide vehicle. Riders with a pattern of “no shows” or “cancellations” may lose the privilege of scheduling trips in advance.
- In the event of inclement weather, the ability to provide service could be affected. Safety considerations may prevent or delay service.
- All passengers will refrain from unnecessary conversation that may distract drivers while the CityRide vehicle is moving.
- Parents/guardians are required to belt in each child appropriately. The parent/guardian will be expected to sit nearby all children. Parents/guardians are not to leave children unattended in the vehicle.
- Riders will not be permitted to leave packages or personal belongings on the vehicle when making multiple stops.
- Children 12 years of age and under will be required to be accompanied by an adult or guardian.
- All passengers must schedule rides and changes through the dispatcher. Changes will not be accepted through the driver.
- Pets must be stored in a pet carrier.
- Riders cannot specify a vehicle or driver.
CityRide does not provide charter service, defined as “Transportation provided by a recipient at the request of a third party for exclusive use of a bus or van for a negotiated price.”
CityRide ensures that no person or groups of persons shall, on the grounds of race, color, sex, national origin, disability/handicap, or income status, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be otherwise subjected to discrimination under any and all programs, services, or activities administered by this program.
CityRide is operated by Cimmaron Public Transit Service, a program of the United Community Action Program, Inc. under contract with the City of Bartlesville. CityRide is funded through a combination of Federal and State grant programs, City tax dollars, private donations, and fare revenues.
For questions, issues or concerns, call 800-722-0353. More information is available at www.ucapinc.org.