Court dates & hours
Court is held every Tuesday and Thursday (except holidays) throughout the year. Municipal Court is located in the City Hall building at 401 S. Johnstone Ave. in the Council Chambers, located in the northwest corner of the first floor. Court begins promptly at 8 a.m. and doors are opened at 7:55 a.m.
Failure to appear
You are not required to be on the docket to go before our municipal judge. If you desire to go to court, you are required to appear within 10 working days from the date of your citation or violation. If you do not, a warrant will be issued for your arrest as failure to appear.
If your violation is a moving citation, you may loose your driving privileges. If you simply want to pay the fines, see Municipal Court Bond Schedule.
Certain moving violations may be taken care of outside the court room:
- Expired OK driver’s license.
- Expired tag may be dismissed upon proof of corrections.
- Defective vehicle may be dismissed if the defect has been fixed and an officer has signed your citations to that effect.
All of the above will be dismissed with court cost paid upon proof of correction within 10 working days from the date of the citation.
An insurance verification may be dismissed without costs if:
- You have insurance at the time of the violation.
- You will show proof of verification form to the cashiers at City Hall within 10 working days of violation.